An amazing thing happened this Wednesday. Due to illness, we were unable to meet up with the rest of the Warmongers from twitter at Warhammer World. It was disappointing but there is no need to spread germs needlessly so we stayed away. So, when a random envelope came through the door, I was rather confused. Contained within was a ticket to Warhammer Fest in May, some funds and a lovely card with Abaddon on the front wishing me good luck. The onion cutters arrived shortly after and I was exceptionally touched. Apparently, Warhammer Fest was not going to be the same without me…
The next thought went something along the lines of ‘I only have two months to sort out my Golden Demon entry.’
Work began this Saturday.
The first step was to create the base out of expanding foam. We placed a take away foil tub upside down and sprayed around it:
We then realised it took twelve hours to dry…
We had to make sure the foam was flat to the floor as well, else it would look silly on the base. We took a saw to the bottom to make sure it sat correctly.
When it was all foamed up and dry, I was able to cut into the shape I thought would be best. It looked quite different when I was done.
This is not the landraider I intend to use, this is an old one I picked up ages ago which I am just using to get the right idea.
The next step was gathering together all the bits I needed to create the miniatures. This took a lot longer than I thought it would but now, the only thing I am missing are some rippers. Everything else is set for phase 2.