Alright, that might be a bit disparaging to this miniature, however I always thought they looked like savage chickens. I had this half of the box of Chaos Beasts spare after I was commissioned to paint the gargoyles and after the drybrush experiment the other day, I thought I would use them as more practice.
What I really like about these is how vibrant the green is against the dark purple body. These are the colours I used before, and I wanted to see if they worked on more than one miniature. It was fun to see them develop and watch the vibrant colours build up.
I only used drybrushing on these creatures – except for the texture paint on the base – and they took an hour to do.
I want to try using this technique with other bright colours. I have pink and orange already, I just need to use the colour wheel to see what dark colours they would work with, find some miniatures to experiment on and see what happens.
One thought on “Warcry Chickens!!”