I was recently contacted by a client who has a batch of Stormcast they wanted painting based on a colour scheme from an anime character. It was a lot of fun going through the entire process. Together, with the aid of the colour wheel, we came up with a scheme that should work. I painted a test model, which allowed us to work out the kinks of the scheme and we found what worked:
I think painting the test miniature was a great way of seeing what the colours would look like, especially as sometimes things work on paper but not in practice. I have spent the last week painting the miniatures and although it is not a colour scheme I would use for myself, I feel they are effective and look good.
There have been a few minor alterations since these pictures were taken, however I feel they worked out well. I know the client is happy with them as well, and that is the most important element of this work!