I wanted to have a go at painting white ceramite – it is not something I have done a great deal of and I wanted to give it a go and see if I could do it quickly. I undercoated some intercessors black, gave them an airbrush of Dawnstone and went from there.
I then drybrushed the miniatures Ulthuan grey quite heavily and then lighter with a couple of layers of white over the top of that. It didn’t take overly long to do and I think they turned out alright. Here are some pictures, with more thoughts afterwards;
I went with red bases so they stood out against the white ceramite. The red and green details also help break up the white. They did not take long to do which was part of the experiment.
The other aspect was the decals. I only had old ones, and they took considerable softening before they would sit in place. What I found was they were still shiny despite several applications of micro-sol, so I sprayed them with matt varnish. This took all the shine from them and made them appear ‘painted on.’
I learned a great deal while I painted these minatures and I am pleased with how they appear. I am not a fan of painting white, but that is no reason to not do so!
These minatures are available in the store.