I finished this fellow last week and wanted to talk about him – and show him off too. I tried a few new things with his and refined others. First of all, here he is:
The refined technique was the old leather. I have tried it a few times in the past but feel this time it came together well. I added a few lighter highlights and nicks to give it a more cracked feel. I think that worked well.
The other new part is the sword. I wanted to try a lava technique. I started with the dark colours and worked primarily with orange. A few lighter colours towards the edge and a final black highlight along the middle created the effect I wanted.
All in all, I am really pleased with how he turned out. I am sure he will be inspiring the other Blood Angels with his deeds very soon!