Last year some friends brought me some ‘shifter’ paints for Christmas. I have not had a chance to use them until now, when I decided to see what they were like on a Flamer Chariot that I have had for a while.
The results were a mixed bag. Some of them looked really good, others just sort of shimmery. I wasn’t keen on the effect by themselves, and think they would look good over other colours, so I used some contrast paint to help.
I have also drybrushed different metallic tones over the top to create a shimmery effect for the chariot itself.
I am not too keen on the result in the end, but as this was an experiment it will do. I did learn a bit, and need to have a think on how I might use the paints to better effect on other models.
One thought on “Shimmering Tzeentch!”
this is still pretty to look at, even as an experiment I think it came out nice.