miniatures.

Neon Necron

Using the technique I learned the other day, I painted a necron.

I wanted to use the high contrast to play about with some Object Source Lighting and this guy was not doing anything!

I wanted the balls on the mini to glow and so they would become the lightest areas. I dry brushed up through the colours as before just tried to focus on where the light would hit if parts were glowing.

I’m pleased with these results:

miniatures.

Thousand Sons Squad 1

This is the first finished squad for my Horus Heresy army all finished! It’s the first time I have used Tamiya on a squad rather than an individual miniature and I am mostly pleased with how it has turned out. Some of the red could have used another coat in a few places but overall they look alright.

I didn’t go for top quality on these guys as I fully intend to play with them. It felt strange doing so, but they got done far quicker this way.

Here they are:

miniatures.

Nighthaunt: Reikenor the Grimhailer

First miniature of 2023 and it’s this guy!

I painted him using dry brushing (for the most part). I wanted to remind myself that bright colours look great alongside dark ones and that spooky ghosts are awesome. I used the neon method that I worked on previously, and this is the result:

I am pleased with the result, and think that the bright green looks great with the dark purple underneath. I enjoyed creating the lighter parts too, and the dark silver just finished it off nicely.

This miniature didn’t take all that long to do either, and was a good way of getting back to painting after the Christmas break.

miniatures.

Raven Guard – Part ?

I confess to losing count as to how many parts I have done the Raven Guard army in, but I have enjoyed every single bit of it.

This section was 20 Tactical marines of the new variety. I am so pleased with how sharp the highlights have turned out and as always, the green to break up the black.

The owner of this army is leaving the UK for the great Canadian outdoors, and as a thank you and good luck, I built a captain with some parts I have kicking about the house. Here are the results:

I’m so pleased with the freehand on the banner and his shoulder pad. He has been named ‘The Blacksmith’ by his new owner, and I hope he brings glory and success to his chapter in the future.

miniatures.

Corpse Grinders – Necromunda

For a friend’s birthday, I bought them a Necromunda gang. They welfare the Corpse Grinder cult, and shall be used in a weeks time when there is a Necromunda Day at our house. All the gangs will be painted and as this friend isn’t a painter, they asked me to do so.

I agreed of course but when I asked about the colour scheme, they said I could pick. Here is the result:

I decided against adding blood splats because I wanted that pink to be seen by all.

My friend loves them!

miniatures.

Assault intercessors – Blue!

Between orders, I have managed to get some Assault Intercessors painted, in blue, red and green. Today, I finished the blue ones. Here they are – I’ll talk about what I did with them underneath!

So, these handsome lads were painted initially with the airbrush. It feels like AGES since I did shading with the airbrush, or zenith highlighting or whatever it is the cool kids are calling it these days. I base coated them with dark blue all over. Used a medium blue at 45 degreed and then light blue from the top only using a light blast.

I then picked out the details, did some recess shading and washes and here we are. All ready to be sold and find their new homes soon!

miniatures.

Land Raider Spartan – Raven Guard

Hurrah! Here we have another tank that I have worked on recently. This time, it is one of the new Land Raider Spartans for the Raven Guard army I have been painting through the year. I absolutely love tanks, and of course, this one was as good as all the others I have done. Every one I do just reminds me how much fun tanks are. Here it is, in all it’s glory.

I’m so pleased with how it turned out. The scuffs and battle damage make this tank seem as though it has already been in combat and of course it matches the others in the army too!

figures · miniatures.

Bonus Truck!

I am not quite sure how I got tricked into painting this truck. It was placed on my desk when I was undercoating some other things and it ended up getting done. It was quite fun, and I wanted to play around with some damaged designs – putting battle damage over the top. Considering this was a freebie I just happened to end up with, I think this worked out well. It is going to be used with the Goliaths in Necromunda and was a 3D print designed to carry the crates made by Games Workshop.

The designs turned out well – one with a decal and the other freehand. I felt strange putting battle damage over the top of them, but I think they look alright!

The whole thing was tied together with an airbrush layer of Seraphim Sepia and then placed alongside the other Goliaths in the cabinet!