I have started streaming again. I am finding that a very enjoyable experience and I am sure my 3 regular viewers do too. It’s good to talk hobby while painting, but also just good to talk. I enjoy seeing the discussions people have with one another while I am painting too – not always about Warhammer either. I am still working out a schedule for it, though Monday nights are a definite.
I also found it to be very focusing and I achieved a lot on both streams I have done. Today, I finished a tank in 2 hours. I had already done the base colour this morning with the airbrush, and the rest I got through quickly.
Here is the tank in question:
The other thing discussed on the stream was the 3D printing. The first miniatures have been produced and I even have one painted!
These are meant to be the traitor version of the Solar Auxilia – the Lunar Auxilia for 30k. They are being produced under license too, so they’re the ‘read deal’. Here is a sneak peak of the first one!
Delving into the world of 3D printing has turned out to be more fun that I though. It’s something that we have talked about for some time, and now we are in the new house, and have the space so we wont get gassed out with fumes, we spent the weekend getting everything set up.
So far, we have a Creality filament printer and an Elegoo resin printer. We rattled off some of the test prints and tinkered until we had all the settings right.
The back end of the kitchen shall be where we keep them for the time being, and we are busy experimenting with different designs and plans:
We have printed off some miniatures that could be used as traitor guardsman – we have a license for them too, and will be selling squads of these when we have some ready!
We are talking about setting up a shop as well, and purchasing more printers, however that is future plans.
I will be working on these over the next day or so, and shall have painted versions of these to show off in the near future.
I live orks, and they are high on the list of next army should I ever manage to finish any of the ones I am working in personally. I like the silliness that comes with them, and the conversion potential for nearly everything is amazing.
I had these ones kicking about so decided to put them together and paint them up as a reminder of how to paint more than anything else:
I am pleased with how they turned out, and hope to do more orks in the future.
It has been ages since I played anything remotely table top related. The house move and then settling in has put a stress on time. The good news is we are now in, the hobby room set up and we squeezed in a game of Titans!
I love AT. Titans are just cool and getting to stomp and blast your opponent is fun. As it has been a while, we went for the Axiom Manifold – A warlord, a reaver and a warhound – each which with weapons is around 1000 points.
How to play came back to me slowly, and this time we added in stratagems and missions. I had thermal mines and search and destroy respectively.
Unfortunately, my Reaver took a battering early on. By the end of turn one, it has no shield and had taken critical damage to the body. Emergency repairs had to be made, and revenge taken.
I managed to sneak my warhound in behind my opponent’s Reaver and blast it to death with my flamer – thankfully it did not explode!
Despite valiant effort on the part of the servitors, the Reaver was also destroyed. Both warhound shot killed by the warlords, and the game ended at turn 5.
I won on victory points – 25:3, which makes this game my first ever victory with Titans. I had a lot of fun and it makes me want to get those engines painted all the sooner!
I have been working on some more of the Shadows of Brimstone miniatures in the vain hope of getting through the backlog. Seeing how I really enjoyed working on the Trederran Raiders, I thought I would do the rest of them. Here they are:
They were fun to work on and I am pleased they are now finished. I did not spend a great deal of time on them but I think they turned out well.
The other miniature I have finished for the game is a gold statue – he is an end of mission boss who is rather mean!
Now, not only will he smash us with his giant statue fist, but he will dazzle us with how bright he is!
I finished this fellow last week and wanted to talk about him – and show him off too. I tried a few new things with his and refined others. First of all, here he is:
The refined technique was the old leather. I have tried it a few times in the past but feel this time it came together well. I added a few lighter highlights and nicks to give it a more cracked feel. I think that worked well.
The other new part is the sword. I wanted to try a lava technique. I started with the dark colours and worked primarily with orange. A few lighter colours towards the edge and a final black highlight along the middle created the effect I wanted.
All in all, I am really pleased with how he turned out. I am sure he will be inspiring the other Blood Angels with his deeds very soon!
Shadows of Brimstone is a game we play a lot! I have mentioned it previously on my blog, and have always described it as a ‘Wild West Cthulhu’ version of Warhammer Quest. It is made by Flying Frog and is one of the best games I have ever played. It is fun, tough and different every time we play.
It also contained a lot of miniatures, most of which are unpainted. I have decided to dedicate one day of the week to painting these miniatures so we no longer have to endure grey plastic while we are playing. It is going to take many weeks to get through the backlog, but the miniatures are different to what I usually work on so should be good for a break. Wednesday’s will be my Shadows day. Here are the ones that I finished off this week:
I am a particular fan of the raptor and the slugs as they are bright coloured and stand out. I mostly used drybrushing to achieve the effects on them. The slime on the slugs was added using water effects paint!