I love Warhammer World. There is always more to see in the exhibition and the atmosphere is always buzzing and open.
This time, we explored the exhibition and I took pictures of things I would like to try out myself in the future, as well as characters I particularly like.
In the afternoon, we tried the Warhammer escape room, which was amazing. We crawled through tunnels, solved puzzles and ran away from chaos space marines! We managed to get out in 38 minutes! it was awesome.
I know Dante has not yet gone through the rubicon in 40k Lore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make him as a primaris anyway. I saw several versions done by others online and decided to have a go myself.
I based him on sergeant Jovan, wanting to go for a post battle scene with some tyranids – what else would the venerable Chapter Master fight so hard against?
I have a lot of spares kicking about, so was able to gather some Blood Angel bits to use. I sliced off a symbol from a power fist and attached it to his chest after removing the skull in the centre of the Aquila.
Changing the helmet was tricky, but as I have some sanguinary guard spares so used one of those. After gouging out Jovan’s original helmet, it was a case of wiggling the new one into the gap. I used an encarmine axe as the Axe Mortalis and plan on using a brood Lord body for it to be buried in.
The trickiest part was Dante’s head. Usually, he keeps it covered but I think after the rejuvenation of the ‘embiggering’ he’d not be so worried. All I had to do was green stuff some long hair onto the mini… which was not too bad. I do need practice which might well happen this week!
Here he is, post battle and almost ready for painting!
Every once in a while, I get to work on my own miniatures. Rarer still, I get to finish one. I finally finished off the blade guard ancient from the Indomitus box, released last century (it seems).
I have a few Blood Angels and this guy was supposed to be with that force. The plan for them was to use them to practice skills on and at the end have a decent painted force. I still do that from time to time, but those who know me well also know I have Titans and I focus on them more than the Blood Angels.
It doesn’t mean I don’t adore the Blood Angels though, and after many months, I finally finished one!
I’ve found some time, between the commissions and the Foundry, to practice some more layer blending.
It’s a technique I am far from mastering but feel this mini has forced me to consider how I layer blend and as such, I have gotten better at it.
I wanted to try blending different colours, not just light to dark tones. I feel the result is a very vibrant mini and that I have had a good bit of success with the technique. It’s nowhere near perfect, but it is a good step in the right direction.
I was super excited when the Hexfire box was announced, mostly because the Thousand Son character looked cool and I wanted him.
I’ve been working on him for a while and I am pleased to say he has turned out super well. I’m more than pleased with him! Here he is:
His cloak came out exactly how I wanted it to. He’d not be a proper sorcerer if he didn’t have a galaxy cloak after all! It’s been a while since I have painted one and I had a lot of fun layering up the colours.
The eye on the staff also came out well, adding a sense of menace to the mini.
Kaphiri is the second of three sorcerers who ‘run’ the Warband. They’re supposed to be a part of the cult of mutation, however not one of them has actually mutated yet. Kaphiri is the sensible one of the three. He is the one in charge of summoning things and trying to keep a rein on Menskera’s ideas – he has partial success at this.
It has become my tradition to make my husband something for our wedding anniversary using bits I have lying about in the bits box. This year was no different, though I feel as though this is the (second) coolest diorama I have ever made. Here it is:
Two skitarii bickering over a game of Warhammer 40k. It was fun to make. The question is, who won??
I’ve been up to my knees in Ad Mech and 3D printing for a while, that I forgot to post this guy. This knight was a commission I did recently. It was a challenge as it’s the biggest miniature I have painted and built from start to finish. I thoroughly enjoyed doing so and I loved how he turned out.
The client wanted a dark and sinister scheme so after discussion, we went for black and dark copper. Here is how he turned out:
The last picture I couldn’t resist taking.
Both of us were pleased with how it turned out and I learned a great deal while creating him.
I’ve been painting some more of Sons of Guilliman today and I thoroughly enjoyed them. These kits are a bit older Than most I have done and as such, the mould lines needed extra attention. I think they were first made in 2004 so a lot has changed since they were new
What I love about these is the colour scheme. I love how bright they are and they are a pleasure to paint once again.
They have been a welcome change from the Lunar Auxilia I’ve worked on over the past couple of weeks, I hope you like them as much as I do!