I know Dante has not yet gone through the rubicon in 40k Lore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make him as a primaris anyway. I saw several versions done by others online and decided to have a go myself.
I based him on sergeant Jovan, wanting to go for a post battle scene with some tyranids – what else would the venerable Chapter Master fight so hard against?
I have a lot of spares kicking about, so was able to gather some Blood Angel bits to use. I sliced off a symbol from a power fist and attached it to his chest after removing the skull in the centre of the Aquila.
Changing the helmet was tricky, but as I have some sanguinary guard spares so used one of those. After gouging out Jovan’s original helmet, it was a case of wiggling the new one into the gap. I used an encarmine axe as the Axe Mortalis and plan on using a brood Lord body for it to be buried in.
The trickiest part was Dante’s head. Usually, he keeps it covered but I think after the rejuvenation of the ‘embiggering’ he’d not be so worried. All I had to do was green stuff some long hair onto the mini… which was not too bad. I do need practice which might well happen this week!
Here he is, post battle and almost ready for painting!
We have had another couple of D&D miniatures to paint through Forster’s Foundry, and I’ve had a lot of fun with them. This is Oskar – the dwarf, and Roscoe – the gnome (I think).
These two were a lot of fun to work on and not too complicated either. I thoroughly enjoyed the colours the client has chosen and am thrilled with how they turned out. I particularly like the hair on Oskar!
After building the intercessors, it occurred to me that I had to paint them too. I have myself 3 days to get them all done and I managed to do it! Challenge success.
I’ve not painted a batch that size for some time and it was a good opportunity to get some practice in. So, here are 6 combat squads of Black Templar Intercessors for your enjoyment!
The biggest pain with them was the old decals. They didn’t soften very well and some look crackled on the mini. Varnishing did help with them and they have all stuck. I think maybe I need to get some practice in with sticking decals on curved surfaces in the future!
This is artificer Norric. I painted him for someone who got in touch about the print and paint service we offer at the Foundry. He is painted to Tier 2 quality and was loads of fun to work on. Fortunately. The client sent over loads of pictures of how they wanted him painting, which always helps. Using these I was able to create the mini he was after, as seen below!
Norric was created using HeroForge and printed out using Forster’s Foundry. The link to the service is below:
Every once in a while, I get to work on my own miniatures. Rarer still, I get to finish one. I finally finished off the blade guard ancient from the Indomitus box, released last century (it seems).
I have a few Blood Angels and this guy was supposed to be with that force. The plan for them was to use them to practice skills on and at the end have a decent painted force. I still do that from time to time, but those who know me well also know I have Titans and I focus on them more than the Blood Angels.
It doesn’t mean I don’t adore the Blood Angels though, and after many months, I finally finished one!
Don’t get me wrong, I love painting games workshop minis. It’s the majority of my work after all, but every now and then, it’s great to paint something else. A friend of mine asked if I would paint the miniatures for his board game, Who Goes There, and I was only too happy to help!
The game is a bit like the film The Thing, and the characters have a cartoony style to them which was very different to my usual edge highlighting ventures. Here they are:
It’s be not played the game myself, and there were a lot of bits in the box, but the miniatures were fun to work on! He was super pleased with them too, which is always good!
I’ve found some time, between the commissions and the Foundry, to practice some more layer blending.
It’s a technique I am far from mastering but feel this mini has forced me to consider how I layer blend and as such, I have gotten better at it.
I wanted to try blending different colours, not just light to dark tones. I feel the result is a very vibrant mini and that I have had a good bit of success with the technique. It’s nowhere near perfect, but it is a good step in the right direction.
We have been printing off the range of Perfect Sons for the Forster’s Foundry website and this week I finally got around to painting some of them. I’ve really enjoyed the work I have done so far. The minis are detailed, but not saturated with intricate bits and they’ve been a pleasure to work on;
The shape of the dreadnought is awesome and I loved the smaller minis too. I am also now working on the demons and the other unit so I shall post those up when they are done!