I’ve not had a great deal to blog about lately, other than seeing Rambo. Hobby wise, I have been painting the D&D scenary for Stronghold Games and I don’t think that would be exciting content if I posted about the eighth bookcase I have painted. I have also worked on Shalaxi today however and wanted to share the progress I have made. I’ve finished all the cloth and most of the skin now – all except the tail and I am pleased with the results again. I took some quick pictures with the lightbox, and without – I’ve yet to find a happy medium as yet with the lightbox, it always seems to bleach the colour out when I take pictures. Though I think this is probably due to them being taken on an old iPhone!
Anyway, here they are!
When it’s done, I will be selling Shalaxi, though I think that is some time off yet. I’m pleased so far at the very least.
Just a quick update on how I am progressing with the daemon prince(ss) of Slaanesh. I have decided that this will be my reward miniature. For the last hour of the day, I will paint it as a reward for getting through the D&D scenery and the Critical Role stuff as well.
Today I managed to get most of the other claw finished. The blending takes a long time to get right and I am still not totally happy with where I ave left it. I think there are some parts that need smoothing out in terms of colour transitions, however I made a good start on it. I can look again tomorrow with fresh eyes and make any adjustments that need doing then.
What do you think?
I didn’t manage to get the Khorne Berzerker unit finished yesterday, so I finished them off today. I have to say that I am not keen on the sculpts – I think that the posing on them is a bit silly. Some of them look as though they are doing a dance or the conga, which makes them less scary and more laughable. I picked these ones up second hand however and wanted to use them as practice for the airbrush.
I still have a long way to go when it comes to smooth transitions and even covering in regards to the airbrush. I need to work on consistency of the paint too. At times, it came out the airbrush too watery, so I had made it too thin. I don’t want to make it too thick either as than it clogs up the airbrush instead. It is a learning curve however and I know what too thin looks like at least.
When I had finished them, I did get to use liberal amounts of blood for the blood god, which gave them that fighting, gorey look that is associated with Khorne. I am pleased with them for the most part, and I learned a fair bit painting them too.