Alright, that might be a bit disparaging to this miniature, however I always thought they looked like savage chickens. I had this half of the box of Chaos Beasts spare after I was commissioned to paint the gargoyles and after the drybrush experiment the other day, I thought I would use them as more practice.
What I really like about these is how vibrant the green is against the dark purple body. These are the colours I used before, and I wanted to see if they worked on more than one miniature. It was fun to see them develop and watch the vibrant colours build up.
I only used drybrushing on these creatures – except for the texture paint on the base – and they took an hour to do.
I want to try using this technique with other bright colours. I have pink and orange already, I just need to use the colour wheel to see what dark colours they would work with, find some miniatures to experiment on and see what happens.