miniatures.

Warcry Chickens!!

Alright, that might be a bit disparaging to this miniature, however I always thought they looked like savage chickens. I had this half of the box of Chaos Beasts spare after I was commissioned to paint the gargoyles and after the drybrush experiment the other day, I thought I would use them as more practice.

What I really like about these is how vibrant the green is against the dark purple body. These are the colours I used before, and I wanted to see if they worked on more than one miniature. It was fun to see them develop and watch the vibrant colours build up.

I only used drybrushing on these creatures – except for the texture paint on the base – and they took an hour to do.

I want to try using this technique with other bright colours. I have pink and orange already, I just need to use the colour wheel to see what dark colours they would work with, find some miniatures to experiment on and see what happens.

miniatures.

An Experiment in Drybrushing

The other day, I watched a video online by Artis Opus. I don’t usually watch videos at all but this one was on and it drew my attention. They talked about using neon paints to create bright, vibrant effects on buildings and I thought it was rather interesting. I liked the lighting effect and wondered if I coould give it a go.

I didn’t have any scenery undercoated or ready, but I did have the bird in a tree thing I made a few weeks ago in another experiment. I grabbed the colours, which I happened to have in the house anyway and got to playing around with the idea.

I followed the tutorial roughly from memory, adding my own thoughts in as I went along and I was pleased with the result:

Now, I know this is not a building, but I followed the ideas as best as I could. I want to try and experiment with other neon colours, and I have some other miniatures that I can do it with. I like the technique, and I will also be trying it on some buildings in the near future!