miniatures.

Sisters of Battle Part 2

Here are some more Sisters of Battle that I have worked on recently. Although still not a huge fan of the range, I have quite enjoyed painting these ones. The black, red and gold is effective, and I am pleased with how they have turned out.

As these are for an army, I have stuck to the same Astrogranite base with simple tufts.

Here they are in all the Emperor’s Glory:

Like my work? Consider supporting me on Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Sisters of Battle

Part of a commission for Andy at Simply Warhammer, was these Sisters of Battle Paragon suits.

I am not really a fan on the range personally, but I do like the black, red and gold aesthetic. These were done to a Tier 1 level, and I surprised myself with how much I actually liked painting these.

They were not too taxing to build either, which was nice. I tried to keep the bases pretty simple by only adding a bit of static grass to some texture paint. I went for grey as it is neutral against the vibrant red.

Like my work? Consider supporting me on Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Death Guard Biologus.

This guy was a prize for a recent give away from Simply Warhammer. The winner of this character give away picked the Biologus. He was a delight to paint. I loved the contrast between traditional Death Guard grunge and brightly coloured jars. The puddles on the base made a difference, and I think that adding flowers just make the colours stand out all the more.

All in all, I am super pleased with how he had turned out and I know the winner is too. I hope to paint more Death Guard in the future – they’re just loads of fun!

Like my work, consider buying me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Bases: an experiment!

So, as I am entering Little Stampy into Golden Demon now – more on him later, I need to do something pretty funky with his base. I know the titan is going to be stamping on a tank, which is awesome, but what is the rest of the base going to look like?

I used the opportunity to pick up a few different basing materials in order to have a play around with them. Most of them were water effects bits, so I spend a while creating rivers and waves, and seeing which were the most effective. I have put a description under each picture so you can really see what I used.

I am pleased with the effects I have created with these bases. I am not sure yet if I am going to use them on the Golden Demon entry, but either way, it was fun to mess about and just create without the pressure of needing to get things finished!

Like my work? Consider buying me a ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Crimson Fists!

Recently, I was asked if I would paint prizes for a give away over on Simply Warhammer. I was only too happy to agree and last week, the prize arrived. The winner wanted some MK VI marines painted as Crimson Fists, and today I finished them.

They were fun, I love dark blue and red so these were a real pleasure to work on! Here they are:

miniatures.

More Raven Guard!

This week, I have mostly been working on the next set of Raven Guard! I enjoy painting these gusts, and feel they turned out really well. I particularly like how the claws turned out and the crazy shadow Captain – who I definitely do not want to meet either on or off the battlefield!!

Here they are, in all their dark, shadowy glory!

miniatures.

Anniversary Diorama: HASC meets Warhammer!

Every year, I make a diorama for my husband using the bits I have spare in the hobby room. For me, it is an excuse to try out different techniques and create something fun. I really enjoy doing these and this year was no exception. I got to try out two new things. First of all though, let me show you what I made:

The two things I created that were new this year, was the river and the barrels.

I have wanted to try rusty barrels for a while, and this was the perfect excuse to do so. I found a recipe for it online and I am pleased with the results – I shall do a tutorial on this in a few posts time!

The other thing was the river. For that, I found some dried leaves outside and scrunched them up until I had small flakes. I then used PVA glue to put them on the base in a river, including the little waterfall area. When that had dried, I went over it with Vallejo’s Water Texture goo (which smells pretty interesting) and then let it dry. When I had done so, I had a river!

For those who are unsure what is going on in this diorama, here is an explanation. The Space Marine, is playing Humanity Ascendant – a sci-fi, post apocalyptic LARP, which uses QR codes as a method of passing on information about the world to the players. He is using his scanner to see what those barrels are! More info on HASC can be found here:

miniatures.

Iron Warriors Tank!

As most of you know already, I love tanks. I love painting them and think they look cool. So today I decided to finish off/touch up one of the Iron Warrior Tanks that I have had laying around here for ages.

I added a lot of grime in the recesses to make them stand out, and some battle chips with rust, and more grime too! I airbrushed Seraphim Sepia around the bottom of the tank to make it look extra muddy and painted over the black to make it look a little crisper too.

I am so pleased with how this tank turned out!

40K

Knight Moirax

Regular client and my good friend, Andy over at Simply Warhammer on Youtube, commissioned me to finish off a set of three Knight Moirax recently.

I love painting bigger miniatures and these are lovely detailed kits. They did not take me too long to paint as bits of them were already done. I am especially pleased with the bases – this is something I want to start getting a bit more adventurous with. I used red crackle paint over a yellow base and then drybrushed some orange over the top and added dead plants to give a desert battle ground feel.