miniatures.

Necromunda Scenery.

During some ‘spare’ time between commissions and Golden Demon, I have managed to speed paint some scenery the gang intend to use for Necromunda.

I used the airbrush for the silver and then tinny tin and brassy brass with Nihilakh Oxide in some of the recesses. These were only done quickly but I was pleased with them none the less.

I also did some rock piles while I was at it!

Like my work? Consider buying me a ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Bases: an experiment!

So, as I am entering Little Stampy into Golden Demon now – more on him later, I need to do something pretty funky with his base. I know the titan is going to be stamping on a tank, which is awesome, but what is the rest of the base going to look like?

I used the opportunity to pick up a few different basing materials in order to have a play around with them. Most of them were water effects bits, so I spend a while creating rivers and waves, and seeing which were the most effective. I have put a description under each picture so you can really see what I used.

I am pleased with the effects I have created with these bases. I am not sure yet if I am going to use them on the Golden Demon entry, but either way, it was fun to mess about and just create without the pressure of needing to get things finished!

Like my work? Consider buying me a ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Crimson Fists!

Recently, I was asked if I would paint prizes for a give away over on Simply Warhammer. I was only too happy to agree and last week, the prize arrived. The winner wanted some MK VI marines painted as Crimson Fists, and today I finished them.

They were fun, I love dark blue and red so these were a real pleasure to work on! Here they are:

miniatures.

More Raven Guard!

This week, I have mostly been working on the next set of Raven Guard! I enjoy painting these gusts, and feel they turned out really well. I particularly like how the claws turned out and the crazy shadow Captain – who I definitely do not want to meet either on or off the battlefield!!

Here they are, in all their dark, shadowy glory!

miniatures.

Anniversary Diorama: HASC meets Warhammer!

Every year, I make a diorama for my husband using the bits I have spare in the hobby room. For me, it is an excuse to try out different techniques and create something fun. I really enjoy doing these and this year was no exception. I got to try out two new things. First of all though, let me show you what I made:

The two things I created that were new this year, was the river and the barrels.

I have wanted to try rusty barrels for a while, and this was the perfect excuse to do so. I found a recipe for it online and I am pleased with the results – I shall do a tutorial on this in a few posts time!

The other thing was the river. For that, I found some dried leaves outside and scrunched them up until I had small flakes. I then used PVA glue to put them on the base in a river, including the little waterfall area. When that had dried, I went over it with Vallejo’s Water Texture goo (which smells pretty interesting) and then let it dry. When I had done so, I had a river!

For those who are unsure what is going on in this diorama, here is an explanation. The Space Marine, is playing Humanity Ascendant – a sci-fi, post apocalyptic LARP, which uses QR codes as a method of passing on information about the world to the players. He is using his scanner to see what those barrels are! More info on HASC can be found here:

miniatures.

Iron Warriors Tank!

As most of you know already, I love tanks. I love painting them and think they look cool. So today I decided to finish off/touch up one of the Iron Warrior Tanks that I have had laying around here for ages.

I added a lot of grime in the recesses to make them stand out, and some battle chips with rust, and more grime too! I airbrushed Seraphim Sepia around the bottom of the tank to make it look extra muddy and painted over the black to make it look a little crisper too.

I am so pleased with how this tank turned out!

40K

Knight Moirax

Regular client and my good friend, Andy over at Simply Warhammer on Youtube, commissioned me to finish off a set of three Knight Moirax recently.

I love painting bigger miniatures and these are lovely detailed kits. They did not take me too long to paint as bits of them were already done. I am especially pleased with the bases – this is something I want to start getting a bit more adventurous with. I used red crackle paint over a yellow base and then drybrushed some orange over the top and added dead plants to give a desert battle ground feel.

miniatures.

Alternative Pox Walkers!

I have recently painted up a bunch of gravewalker zombies that are going to be used as pox walkers. I had loads of fun painting them up and they didn’t take long to do either. I went for a green and grimy look, and did not need to do the bases as the client will finish them off to match other minis.

I love painting undead things, and these for right in!!

The only thing I might add is some slime here and there, just for extra nurgle grossness!

miniatures.

Death Guard – a new technique!

I was recently asked to paint a bunch of Death Guard Marines for a client. They asked if Inwould be able to match some miniatures they had already done using a similar style.

It was neat because the original miniatures were done using loads of washes and technical paints rather than string acrylic colours. It was a lot of fun trying to match the colours and grime of the original minis while trying to add my own flair to them. Here they are:

I m so pleased with how they turned out, and would like to try those technique on other models to see how well it carries over.