miniatures.

Primaris Intercessors – Green

Another set of intercessors but this time in dark green. I used the airbrush to create the effect again but this time did not use a medium colour. I still like how they turned out and the red adds a bigger contrast to them too. Here they are:

miniatures.

Necromunda Scenery.

During some ‘spare’ time between commissions and Golden Demon, I have managed to speed paint some scenery the gang intend to use for Necromunda.

I used the airbrush for the silver and then tinny tin and brassy brass with Nihilakh Oxide in some of the recesses. These were only done quickly but I was pleased with them none the less.

I also did some rock piles while I was at it!

Like my work? Consider buying me a ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/hereticdeb

miniatures.

Alternative Pox Walkers!

I have recently painted up a bunch of gravewalker zombies that are going to be used as pox walkers. I had loads of fun painting them up and they didn’t take long to do either. I went for a green and grimy look, and did not need to do the bases as the client will finish them off to match other minis.

I love painting undead things, and these for right in!!

The only thing I might add is some slime here and there, just for extra nurgle grossness!

miniatures.

More knights.

I’ve been so busy! A week has evaporated before my eyes! I’ve had a few things on the go lately, the Biggest of which is this guy:

He didn’t fit in the light box! I’m so pleased with his swamp pond on his base.

I have also been working on a horde of woodelves and some inquisition Warband! I’ve been kept busy for sure!

miniatures.

Personal Miniatures!!

I have started putting some time aside each week to work on my own miniatures. I want to clear some of my own backlog, and it is a good time to practice some skills too.

This week, I worked on some Iron warriors and some more freehand on the Warmaster Titan.

These guys just needed a little bit of touching up and dusting. They did not take long to finish and get put in the cabinet.

This guy’s weapon was broken beyond repair, so I had to look around for a new one. when the Horus Heresy box set drops, we plan on using them as Blood Angels, and I had a spare sword from the 40k ones I had a while back. This guy clearly grabbed a replacement weapon off a fallen Blood Angel!

The layer blending is not perfect. I think I need a darker mid tone so it doesn’t blend in with the light one as much.

I now have most of the troops done; just 6 regular guys, 12 terminators and then I can move on to the vehicles and dreadnoughts.

My other task was to do a bit more on the Warmaster, Captain Cogs. This machine is taking a long time but if I keep doing a little each week, then he’ll eventually get finished!

miniatures.

Warmaster Titan Freehand

I’ve had a spot of time to work on my own miniatures recently, so after finishing Primaris Dante – more on him later – I worked on some freehand on the Warmaster.

I have started painting cogs on some of the panels, so carried on. It’s more non-metallic gold, but in freehand form rather than on an entire miniature. It has its challenges, but it’s still fun.

Here are some pictures:

The trim will end up being gold, but is currently based as warm brass. I also need to rub the pencil lines away and clean it up a bit, but so far it’s coming along well.

miniatures.

Daughters of Khaine

This post is a bit overdue, but I finally managed to finish the Daughters of Khaine! It’s difficult taking decent pictures while they are not on bases, but I did what I could.

I want to say how much I love the bases that go with these. They were a little complex – involving creating a wash from Emperor’s children and making sure that had the right strength of colour to it, but they turned out well.

miniatures.

Shadows of Brimstone: Dragon

I started this guy off ages ago and knew that I should get him finished soon. He is a great mini for the Shadows of Brimstone board game and was loads of fun to paint too.

He is rather big though, and I think the size of him was what made him take so long to finish. I do like painting large minis but they are a bit intimidating at times.

Here he is:

He is a bit too big for my light box, so some of the pics are of closeups! I’m pleased with the end result and glad to have him finished!

miniatures.

Grimy Ork.

I have recently worked on the ork sorcerer from the Dominion box set – the swampcalla shaman and his pot grot buddy.

I wanted to make them look grimy, as though they lived in a swamp before joining the rest of the orks. I opted for muted colours on the whole miniature, and even the yellow I used looks grubby thanks to some Agra’s earth shade.

I’m pleased how they both turned out, and they were fun to paint too. They didn’t take too long and if I were to paint an ork army, I’d paint them like this!