I was recently contacted by a client who has a batch of Stormcast they wanted painting based on a colour scheme from an anime character. It was a lot of fun going through the entire process. Together, with the aid of the colour wheel, we came up with a scheme that should work. I painted a test model, which allowed us to work out the kinks of the scheme and we found what worked:
I think painting the test miniature was a great way of seeing what the colours would look like, especially as sometimes things work on paper but not in practice. I have spent the last week painting the miniatures and although it is not a colour scheme I would use for myself, I feel they are effective and look good.
There have been a few minor alterations since these pictures were taken, however I feel they worked out well. I know the client is happy with them as well, and that is the most important element of this work!
I don’t usually do blog posts about Works in Progress but I am so pleased with how this one has built up today. I was working on the Stormcast lady and wanted to practice some non metallic metals. I like the process and how it all comes together in the end. I always think it’s gone horribly wrong half way through and that it will never look decent. Usually, I am wrong:
I was going to write about basing, but that can happen tomorrow after the greenstuff has dried and I have finished the bases. Instead, I want to write about the Stromcast Eternals I have just finished from the Soulwars box set. It does mean I have painted an entire boxed set of miniatures, which I feel is an achievement of its own. Today, I finished the last of the Stormcast.
I am less then enamoured with Push-fit miniatures. I found that more often than not, it didn’t. I might go so far as to say I would rather work with finecast… I ended up clipping off the push fit bit and just working the miniatures together in the usual way. I also had to use greenstuff to fill gaps – I did learn that I need practice in this area.
Anyway, that small gripe aside, here are the miniatures. I’ve already sold several units so I cannot take a group picture, but here they are individually:
All in all, I prefered painting the Night Haunt part of the box set, but these weren’t bad – I’d paint them over skeletons any day!!