I have been a very busy bee these past couple of weeks. We took a much needed ten day break to Portugal, staying first in Penha Longa – a golf resort near Lisbon which was part of a holiday won by my husband, and then a week in Monte Gordo. Both places were exceptionally beautiful. We explored old monasteries, ancient castles, drove on the wrong side of the road and ate some exceptional food. Here are some pictures of what we saw:
We got home Monday. Tuesday was an average day with a quick vet trip, Wednesday evening was disastrous. An Asda delivery driver backed into our brick gate post. Thankfully, we have now had a response from the store and they’re going to deal with it. We have the deed on CCTV as well, so there will be no getting away with it! Fixing it in the dark was rather challenging. We also had a wall come down in the wind and have had to fix the gate several times too. The weather is proving to be a challenge…
On Thursday, I finally managed to get some work done. I have been working on some Genestealer Cults for Andy at Simply Warhammer. I’ve not quite finished them but will get them done by Monday. They’re a pleasure to paint and I am enjoying them – especially the tank!
Finally, I have a couple of hours Friday afternoon to work on Primaris Dante – I didn’t get much done, just some base coats, but small progress is better than no progress at all.
This post is a bit overdue, but I finally managed to finish the Daughters of Khaine! It’s difficult taking decent pictures while they are not on bases, but I did what I could.
I want to say how much I love the bases that go with these. They were a little complex – involving creating a wash from Emperor’s children and making sure that had the right strength of colour to it, but they turned out well.
It’s been a busy week, as always. I started college to do an introduction to counselling course, which was interesting. It’s based in Doncaster and although I won’t be sharing much of the course content here, I did manage to snap these pictures of the minster, which I walked by!
I am still working through the remainder of the Daughter of Khaine miniature wise. I am enjoying them, but they are spindly so I have to be extra careful when I am doing heavier techniques.
This weekend, we managed to slot in a game of Titanicus which was fun. I’ll do a proper post about that in a day or so though!
The week ahead involves finishing the daughters of Khaine, going to Devon and possibly Ahriman – we shall see what gets done!
This is not my first intercessor squad. I have long since stopped counting how many I have painted. This is the first squad in 3rd Company for the Blood Angels I have been collecting.
I started painting them before the Pandemic.
I have finally finished them. I’m super pleased with how they turned out. I feel the edge highlighting is crisp and the colours decent. I used a background to take some pictures and then took some others without it.
They have now joined their brothers on the shelf and hopefully, I’ll be able to finish some more pre-pandemic minis soon!
I have recently worked on the ork sorcerer from the Dominion box set – the swampcalla shaman and his pot grot buddy.
I wanted to make them look grimy, as though they lived in a swamp before joining the rest of the orks. I opted for muted colours on the whole miniature, and even the yellow I used looks grubby thanks to some Agra’s earth shade.
I’m pleased how they both turned out, and they were fun to paint too. They didn’t take too long and if I were to paint an ork army, I’d paint them like this!
I love Warhammer World. There is always more to see in the exhibition and the atmosphere is always buzzing and open.
This time, we explored the exhibition and I took pictures of things I would like to try out myself in the future, as well as characters I particularly like.
In the afternoon, we tried the Warhammer escape room, which was amazing. We crawled through tunnels, solved puzzles and ran away from chaos space marines! We managed to get out in 38 minutes! it was awesome.
I had a go at painting Yndrasta recently, and wanted to get her done relatively quickly. As such, most of her was painted using dry brushing. I layer up the colours, starting dark and then working up to the brightest with less and less pressure on the brush. The wings show this the clearest and I feel it worked well.
I also dry brushed the metallic part of her, finally using a detail brush to pick out other details such as the gems and belts. I’m really pleased with how she turned out.
I also added some grasses to the base to make it look a bit swampy. There are some of those details already there, however I added some more to make the effect more dynamic. Here she is: