I’ve been up to my knees in Ad Mech and 3D printing for a while, that I forgot to post this guy. This knight was a commission I did recently. It was a challenge as it’s the biggest miniature I have painted and built from start to finish. I thoroughly enjoyed doing so and I loved how he turned out.
The client wanted a dark and sinister scheme so after discussion, we went for black and dark copper. Here is how he turned out:
The last picture I couldn’t resist taking.
Both of us were pleased with how it turned out and I learned a great deal while creating him.
I’ve been painting some more of Sons of Guilliman today and I thoroughly enjoyed them. These kits are a bit older Than most I have done and as such, the mould lines needed extra attention. I think they were first made in 2004 so a lot has changed since they were new
What I love about these is the colour scheme. I love how bright they are and they are a pleasure to paint once again.
They have been a welcome change from the Lunar Auxilia I’ve worked on over the past couple of weeks, I hope you like them as much as I do!
I have started streaming again. I am finding that a very enjoyable experience and I am sure my 3 regular viewers do too. It’s good to talk hobby while painting, but also just good to talk. I enjoy seeing the discussions people have with one another while I am painting too – not always about Warhammer either. I am still working out a schedule for it, though Monday nights are a definite.
I also found it to be very focusing and I achieved a lot on both streams I have done. Today, I finished a tank in 2 hours. I had already done the base colour this morning with the airbrush, and the rest I got through quickly.
Here is the tank in question:
The other thing discussed on the stream was the 3D printing. The first miniatures have been produced and I even have one painted!
These are meant to be the traitor version of the Solar Auxilia – the Lunar Auxilia for 30k. They are being produced under license too, so they’re the ‘read deal’. Here is a sneak peak of the first one!
I live orks, and they are high on the list of next army should I ever manage to finish any of the ones I am working in personally. I like the silliness that comes with them, and the conversion potential for nearly everything is amazing.
I had these ones kicking about so decided to put them together and paint them up as a reminder of how to paint more than anything else:
I am pleased with how they turned out, and hope to do more orks in the future.
I finished this fellow last week and wanted to talk about him – and show him off too. I tried a few new things with his and refined others. First of all, here he is:
The refined technique was the old leather. I have tried it a few times in the past but feel this time it came together well. I added a few lighter highlights and nicks to give it a more cracked feel. I think that worked well.
The other new part is the sword. I wanted to try a lava technique. I started with the dark colours and worked primarily with orange. A few lighter colours towards the edge and a final black highlight along the middle created the effect I wanted.
All in all, I am really pleased with how he turned out. I am sure he will be inspiring the other Blood Angels with his deeds very soon!
Well, I have finally moved into the new house and set up one of the rooms to be my painting lair! I am so relieved to be back in a routine of painting and working! The move went as well as these things can, with only the minor hitch of the Hire Van Window being broken – it had slipped downand the electronics decided to not work. A quick fix with gaffa tape and some plastic and we were all good.
It took a while to get everything sorted out, but here is my new painting set up.
The first thing I wanted to do was finish off a couple of Salamander’s tanks that I had worked on before the move. It was a good way to get back into painting again and they served as a refresher as well.
I am now working on a Judiciar for my Blood Angel’s force, this involved edge highlighting and I am sure that will be more of a challenge that the battle damaged tanks I have just finished.
I bought these two miniatures at a War Boot some time ago and have had them both half finished for almost as long. I had a bit of time to finally get them finished this week and I am really pleased with how they turned out. I do not collect Alpha Legion, however I thought these two looked interesting so decided to paint them as Black Legion. I wanted to show they were infiltrating, as the Alpha Legion do, and their disguises were not that good.
I used green contrast paint over silver to make the chips and then highlighted the edges with light grey to match the other highlights. I also painted the Chaos Star over the Alpha Legion symbol to add to the rubbishness of their disguise attempt. I am pleased with them as they are a bit of fun more than anything else.