This week has mostly been spent painting Raven Guard. They are a part of the same army I worked on a couple of weeks ago, and I have used the same scheme, only this time it included a Land Raider Achilles. This made me happy because it’s a tank, and I love painting tanks.
Here they are in all their shining glory.
I am glad to have done these, I’m pleased with the edge highlights on all of them, I think they look sharp. This makes the battle scuffs on the tank look really good – at least I think so.
The next part of the Krieg mega list is done. This time it was mainly weapons teams and recruits. The recruits have a white stripe on their head to tell everyone they are the newbies. The weapons teams have extra mud as they are laying down!
Here are some pictures.
The next batch includes a tank, more weapons platforms and bombs! It’s going to be fun.
I have finished the next instalment of Krieg soldiers! This time it was infantry, two commissars and a flag carrier. They are a mix of Forgeworld and 3D prints and have been fun to work on. All the sculpts are different, which has bright it’s own challenges, but here they are in all their shining, muddy glory:
The flag was the perfect opportunity to practice a little freehand on, and I chose a design that was pretty simple but effective. I found it quick to do because it had only three colours and they are flat rather than blended. It just a case of transferring it onto the flag and filling in the colours.
I also featured two of my favourite miniatures together – bomb Krieger and Hero Commissar. All of these miniatures were fun to work on, which is good, because I have another batch to go. This time, it’s 30+ infantry, 6 weapons teams and several crates. I hope to be done by Friday, but we shall see what the week brings!
It feels like this week has been a whirlwind! Multiple vet visits, the dentist for the first time in years and Foundry work feels like it has kept me away from painting a great deal.
I have been working through a Daughter’s of Khaine commission when not doing other chores however and I feel they are coming on nicely.
Most of those pictures are still works in progress. I do like the miniatures but they are very spindly which has been a challenge.
Thankfully, we are both now on the mend from Covid, which means the Foundry miniatures that have been ordered are mostly caught up. Numerous trips to the post office have occurred but it feels good to mostly clear the backlog.
The vet trips were all successful. The two kittens are now spayed so no more yowling for boys at 3am! Big bud Roscoe’s eye has also mostly healed. We need to continue with his drops for another couple of weeks and the ulcer should be gone.
The dentist was as pleasant an experience as I could expect, but I need 4 fillings… less fun.
Next week I start college on Tuesday mornings doing an Introduction to Counselling course. I am back at the dentist too but I hope to get the Daughters of Khaine finished and get some work on Primaris Dante done! I am going to be busy!
This is not my first intercessor squad. I have long since stopped counting how many I have painted. This is the first squad in 3rd Company for the Blood Angels I have been collecting.
I started painting them before the Pandemic.
I have finally finished them. I’m super pleased with how they turned out. I feel the edge highlighting is crisp and the colours decent. I used a background to take some pictures and then took some others without it.
They have now joined their brothers on the shelf and hopefully, I’ll be able to finish some more pre-pandemic minis soon!
I love Warhammer World. There is always more to see in the exhibition and the atmosphere is always buzzing and open.
This time, we explored the exhibition and I took pictures of things I would like to try out myself in the future, as well as characters I particularly like.
In the afternoon, we tried the Warhammer escape room, which was amazing. We crawled through tunnels, solved puzzles and ran away from chaos space marines! We managed to get out in 38 minutes! it was awesome.
I know Dante has not yet gone through the rubicon in 40k Lore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make him as a primaris anyway. I saw several versions done by others online and decided to have a go myself.
I based him on sergeant Jovan, wanting to go for a post battle scene with some tyranids – what else would the venerable Chapter Master fight so hard against?
I have a lot of spares kicking about, so was able to gather some Blood Angel bits to use. I sliced off a symbol from a power fist and attached it to his chest after removing the skull in the centre of the Aquila.
Changing the helmet was tricky, but as I have some sanguinary guard spares so used one of those. After gouging out Jovan’s original helmet, it was a case of wiggling the new one into the gap. I used an encarmine axe as the Axe Mortalis and plan on using a brood Lord body for it to be buried in.
The trickiest part was Dante’s head. Usually, he keeps it covered but I think after the rejuvenation of the ‘embiggering’ he’d not be so worried. All I had to do was green stuff some long hair onto the mini… which was not too bad. I do need practice which might well happen this week!
Here he is, post battle and almost ready for painting!