I was recently contacted by a client who has a batch of Stormcast they wanted painting based on a colour scheme from an anime character. It was a lot of fun going through the entire process. Together, with the aid of the colour wheel, we came up with a scheme that should work. I painted a test model, which allowed us to work out the kinks of the scheme and we found what worked:
I think painting the test miniature was a great way of seeing what the colours would look like, especially as sometimes things work on paper but not in practice. I have spent the last week painting the miniatures and although it is not a colour scheme I would use for myself, I feel they are effective and look good.
There have been a few minor alterations since these pictures were taken, however I feel they worked out well. I know the client is happy with them as well, and that is the most important element of this work!
So, I managed to get Larissa Shadowstalker finished today, and I am so thrilled with how she turned out. She was a lovely miniature to paint and I thoroughly enjoyed using some of the more technical skills to get her done.
For those interested, she will be available in the store!
I have set up an affiliates link page on the blog, http://www.blackhandmarines.com/afiliates, and I am looking to add to the list. If you are interested in adding yourself to the page, please get in touch and I shall do so. Please only give me one option to start with, this may change in the future, but for now I think one per person is enough. I hope to create a reference place for other hobby blogs and maybe even generate some traffic. Who knows, it might even work.
In other news, I have finished painting somem squig hoppers and I am pleased with how they have turned out:
Not only were they a lot of fun to work on, but I used the airbrush for the base coats and that gave me some practice as finer detail work. Hopefully, they will find a new home soon!