I’ve been painting some more of Sons of Guilliman today and I thoroughly enjoyed them. These kits are a bit older Than most I have done and as such, the mould lines needed extra attention. I think they were first made in 2004 so a lot has changed since they were new
What I love about these is the colour scheme. I love how bright they are and they are a pleasure to paint once again.
They have been a welcome change from the Lunar Auxilia I’ve worked on over the past couple of weeks, I hope you like them as much as I do!
I was approached by a friend recently, who had designed and purchased a STL file of her latest Dungeons and Dragons character. The character is based on a chef, named Remi, and is for the campaign ‘The Curse of Strahd.’ I could go on about the levels of fear involved when Ravenloft is mentioned, but that would run the purpose of this post completely off course.
So, I was more than happy to print out the miniature and paint it afterwards. She told me exactly how she wanted him to look, and we discussed some other ideas as well. I was super pleased with how he turned out:
This was a good opportunity to test out the print and paint part of the new business that we are setting up, and I am pleased to say I think it worked well. Remi’s owner was also happy with the outcome, which is what matters!
I have started streaming again. I am finding that a very enjoyable experience and I am sure my 3 regular viewers do too. It’s good to talk hobby while painting, but also just good to talk. I enjoy seeing the discussions people have with one another while I am painting too – not always about Warhammer either. I am still working out a schedule for it, though Monday nights are a definite.
I also found it to be very focusing and I achieved a lot on both streams I have done. Today, I finished a tank in 2 hours. I had already done the base colour this morning with the airbrush, and the rest I got through quickly.
Here is the tank in question:
The other thing discussed on the stream was the 3D printing. The first miniatures have been produced and I even have one painted!
These are meant to be the traitor version of the Solar Auxilia – the Lunar Auxilia for 30k. They are being produced under license too, so they’re the ‘read deal’. Here is a sneak peak of the first one!
Delving into the world of 3D printing has turned out to be more fun that I though. It’s something that we have talked about for some time, and now we are in the new house, and have the space so we wont get gassed out with fumes, we spent the weekend getting everything set up.
So far, we have a Creality filament printer and an Elegoo resin printer. We rattled off some of the test prints and tinkered until we had all the settings right.
The back end of the kitchen shall be where we keep them for the time being, and we are busy experimenting with different designs and plans:
We have printed off some miniatures that could be used as traitor guardsman – we have a license for them too, and will be selling squads of these when we have some ready!
We are talking about setting up a shop as well, and purchasing more printers, however that is future plans.
I will be working on these over the next day or so, and shall have painted versions of these to show off in the near future.
I finished this fellow last week and wanted to talk about him – and show him off too. I tried a few new things with his and refined others. First of all, here he is:
The refined technique was the old leather. I have tried it a few times in the past but feel this time it came together well. I added a few lighter highlights and nicks to give it a more cracked feel. I think that worked well.
The other new part is the sword. I wanted to try a lava technique. I started with the dark colours and worked primarily with orange. A few lighter colours towards the edge and a final black highlight along the middle created the effect I wanted.
All in all, I am really pleased with how he turned out. I am sure he will be inspiring the other Blood Angels with his deeds very soon!
Shadows of Brimstone is a game we play a lot! I have mentioned it previously on my blog, and have always described it as a ‘Wild West Cthulhu’ version of Warhammer Quest. It is made by Flying Frog and is one of the best games I have ever played. It is fun, tough and different every time we play.
It also contained a lot of miniatures, most of which are unpainted. I have decided to dedicate one day of the week to painting these miniatures so we no longer have to endure grey plastic while we are playing. It is going to take many weeks to get through the backlog, but the miniatures are different to what I usually work on so should be good for a break. Wednesday’s will be my Shadows day. Here are the ones that I finished off this week:
I am a particular fan of the raptor and the slugs as they are bright coloured and stand out. I mostly used drybrushing to achieve the effects on them. The slime on the slugs was added using water effects paint!
Well, I have finally moved into the new house and set up one of the rooms to be my painting lair! I am so relieved to be back in a routine of painting and working! The move went as well as these things can, with only the minor hitch of the Hire Van Window being broken – it had slipped downand the electronics decided to not work. A quick fix with gaffa tape and some plastic and we were all good.
It took a while to get everything sorted out, but here is my new painting set up.
The first thing I wanted to do was finish off a couple of Salamander’s tanks that I had worked on before the move. It was a good way to get back into painting again and they served as a refresher as well.
I am now working on a Judiciar for my Blood Angel’s force, this involved edge highlighting and I am sure that will be more of a challenge that the battle damaged tanks I have just finished.