Between the holiday, the terrible weather and the destruction of the wall, I have managed to get some painting done. I’ve been working on some Genestealer Cults for Andy at Simply Warhammer over on YouTube – a long time client and dare I say, friend. They have bee fun to paint, and I’ve enjoyed the process, particularly on the tank. I’ll speak of that in a moment, first some pictures!
I used the airbrush to base the tank, and then to map out the cream highlight too. I found that this made splatters over the green and didn’t look that great. I fixed this by going over the green with a brush, then sponging on some highlights in a lighter green. I did this over the entire tank, sparingly though, not all over. I then washed the entire tank with Seraphim Sepia and then worked on the other colours. Andy wanted a beaten up looking vehicle and I was happy with the result.